Tuesday, February 14, 2006

To know Lloyd Dobler is to love him.


I know many of you [females] out there pined away for hottie Jake Ryan and wanted to punch Samantha when, at the end, she "got" him. Whatev. I did not ever jump on the Jake Ryan bandwagon.

I was more of a Say Anything girl (and, thus, cannot believe Bandit has never seen it!). I love Lloyd Dobler. I always have. Perhaps I should have taken my love for him, at such a young impressionable age, as a lesson: the loveable dork, Lala. The loveable dork.

His best friends are girls he genuinely cares about. He plays with his cute little nephew. He is polite. He has the capacity to cry. He is the Keymaster. He loves his sister. He drives drunk punks home. He pushes glass out of her way. He gives her his coat. He eats with her in the food court. He writes her a love letter. He teaches her how to drive. He lets her do her own thing at parties, but keeps a cute and watchful eye on her. And who can forget the serenade. Don't try to tell me you can listen to Peter Gabriel croon "In Your Eyes" and not (1) think of that scene (2) wish Lloyd was under your bedroom window with his boombox raised above his head.

He gave her his heart, she gave him a pen. Stupid Diane Court. She totally beastie boyed that relationship. And then he took her back. Oh, Lloyd.

1 comment:

lala said...

friendship over. how can you not like it? please explain. i need to know.