Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Past Indicative of Future?

A quote from our favorite, Mr. Tom Cruise:

"He was the kind of person where, if something goes wrong, they kick you. It was a great lesson in my life – how he'd lull you in, make you feel safe and then, bang!" – Tom Cruise on his abusive father, to Parade magazine

Okay...does anyone other than me see the correlation here? Katie could be saying the exact same thing in a few years. He lulled her in (It's Tom Cruise! He likes me! He is romancing me! I have been in love with him since I was a child! He buys me things! He takes me cool places!)...she's feeling "safe" (safe enough to get "pregnant," give up her own life and religion, foresake all that she knows and all with which she is comfortable)...

What next?

2 comments:

I-66 said...

[snicker] I think the bang already came, La.

lala said...

hahaha. BUT, i have [unsubstantiated] news that tom doesn't shoot guns...and that katie was artificially inseminated...and that he chose her because they look alike (gross!) so the child would look like him...and that he and nicole's marriage ended bc she got pregnant (and later miscarried) and he knew it couldn't be his bc (1) he can't shoot and (2) he likes boys.