Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Misused Phrases.

I hate it when people don't properly "use" sayings. Take our good friend Hilary Duff, for example. As quoted on people.com:

"He doesn't really fit the demographic. So I could really care less. Look at me, and look at where he is – sorry!"– Hilary Duff, responding to New York Times critic Stephen Holden's poor reviews of her movies, to Elle

If you could care less, then you should, because that would make your point better, Donna Martin wannabe. You should have said, "I could not care less." Got it? Now go back to doing pilates, buying jeans and playing on photoshop with your stupid sister.

4 comments:

I-66 said...

Ah yes...

...and, while we're at it, can I just include "irregardless" in with that? It's not a word!!!

It's not the same, I know, but humor me.

Miss Scarlet said...

I hate the "could care less"! I also hate, "I'm under par today" like it's bad. Being under par is a GOOD thing!

lala said...

Or even "that's not up to par." Isn't "par" average? Don't you want to be above average?

There are sooooo many things that bother me. Obviously.

Miss Scarlet said...

You're right. "up to par" is good! or, on the way to good.

Stupid people.