Tuesday, August 01, 2006

One Ocean View.


Like I needed another reality show to lure me in...but, alas, they gave me one. Thanks, ABC, for the pathetic One Ocean View...which I will undoubtedly be tuning in for every week. Good thing it's on Mondays, when there is nothing else.

I explained this to someone, yesterday, as being a Real World for adults, without jobs...kind of like really old school Real World, circa 1990. So, you can imagine my surprise when, during a requisite getting wasted bar scene, we find that the cousin of one of the stars is none other than our old pal (and former host of The Grind) Eric Nies!

I have a few questions/comments/concerns:
  1. The age discrepencies between these people is amazing...Zack's not even 26, but the others seem older.
  2. Are they going to this share house just for the weekend (PS "share house" takes me back to True Life: I'm a Jersey Shore Girl)?
  3. This Usman character...ugh. Obviously he's an arrogant prick. It is totally an act. I bet he's compensating for something...perhaps his deep down love for Lance Bass. Shouldn't you be staying in the city being the high powered corporate lawyer you claim to be?
  4. Poor Mary is going to get her heart broken. Unfortunately she's walking right into it.
  5. Oh I heart KJ already. And John is cute, too.
  6. Contrary to that, I despise Lauren already. She is an H-O. Poor Zack.
  7. Speaking of Zack, he reminds me of the dude from Hey, Dude...the one who played that football player named Kyle on 90210 (I think Kelly liked him but he turned out to be gay?)...and Blossom's boyfriend...you know the guy I'm talking about.
  8. How much does that house cost!? (suspension of disbelief, I know...thanks, ABC, for paying for their house).
  9. No one cares about the girl with the dog.
  10. Aside from the obvious answer being "casting," how did this group of people come together?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

His name was Brad on Hey, Dude ... real name David Lascher. I watched that show every day before dinner.

Miss Scarlet said...

OMG Hey, Dude was SO GOOD!