"When I went to ballet school, I was around a lot of girls with eating disorders, and I actually had a minor one myself. It was about six months of not eating too much at all. I was 11 and 5 feet 2 and about 70 pounds."
Oh, so many comments...
- Ballet school?? Now, I know this is true, but she has the grace and elegance of a buffoon. Haha, buffoon.
- Ok, 5'2" and 70 lbs is absolutely positively disgusting. In my glory days I was shorter than she and weighed a good 35 lb more and still looked gross. I can't imagine what she looked like...she's ug now...can you imagine what she looked like then (IF, of course, any of this is true).
- As Jenni so nicely stated, "Um, not eating when you're 11 isn't an eating disorder...it's being a brat." Well put, my friend. Especially if your more beautiful/more talented/smarter/cooler/more loved/more virginal sister is getting all the "attention" from dad.
- Does she have a movie/book/sitcom pilot/"album" coming out any time soon? Or is she trying to be the nice sister and take attention away from Jessica? WWAAAAH, Ashlee...you've overcome so much (but will never overcome having Creepy McCreeperson Joe Simpson as her dad. So sorry.).
With the love and care of her family, Ashlee was able to start eating again. Great.
Ok, so that wasn't quite so exciting. Here are my two all time favorite exciting eating disorder facts:
- Because you don't have fat on your body, you have a hard time keeping warm...as such, your body compensates by growing "fur." Ever see a girl with an overly hairy face? She was/is definitely ano.
- Bullimics eat things in color order...for instance, they will eat Doritos first because, when the orange puke makes its way into the toilet (or Mason jar in the bedroom closet), they will know they're "done" and stop themselves from puking up any more than is in their systems.
Anyone who knows me knows that I have an unhealthy fascination with and penchant for learning about eating disorders. I am not making light of them, as I recognize they are serious medical and psychological conditions. However, I am taking issue with Ashlee coming out and saying she had one in the past, that she's a hero for overcoming it, etc. just because such disorders seem to be en vogue these days. Attention hog. Haha, hog.