Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Boogies.

By virtue of my job (please please please don't ask me to explain what I do), I am often in meetings. And, more often than not, I am the only one without a Y chromosome. And, almost always, the only one under the age of 35. So, not surprisingly, I found myself in such a situation this afternoon. While I have a "wide and varied skill set" (and lots and lots of school behind me, go figure), I was in charge of...running the powerpoint slideshow. In case you were concerned, it went off without a hitch.

Anyway, this is not the point of my story. The point of my story is that old[er] men are interesting creatures to observe. I was sitting at the meeting today, carefully listening to pricing strategy when all of a sudden I hear a loud sneeze. Like a really loud one. A sneeze that definitely would never come from a woman. It's the dude sitting next to me. "Bless you," I say. Because I'm polite like that and I can multitask (see wide and varied skill set). He says "thank you," as he removes from his pocket a handkerchief. Which he then proceeds to use. He blows his boogies into it (like really blows) and then he puts it back in his pocket. Ten minutes later, he does it again.

I can't even say any more about this. I'm sorry.

2 comments:

Sara said...

I think I just vommed my lunch.

NotCarrie said...

I've never understood the old man thing.