Tuesday, January 03, 2006

This can't be true.


How can this possibly be true? Since when did Ryan Seacrest become the entertainment guru of the 21st century? What does he know about ANYTHING??

I am appalled. $21 million dollars???? Managing editor of E! News???? Filling in for Larry King??? There is just too too too much wrong with all of this...he looking like a muppet (per my astute brother) being the least of these atrocities. I'm totally just as qualified as he is.

Um, if I pen a best-selling book can I have this job? What is this book going to be about? And what deems it a bestseller? I wonder who will be his target audience. No fair if he gets a ghost writer (guaranteed this is going to happen--and I'm available, Ry guy...hit me up).

What does it take to be the executive producer of the Live From the Red Carpet? I mean, I can make sure my hosts are talking to the right people at the right times. I can tell people what to do, I can stage interviews. Dude, I could probably even host the dang show. If Joan and Melissa Rivers used to do it together...duh, I think I can handle it (fear of public speaking aside). It's not like I don't have opinions on stars' attire or an unhealthy knowledge of who they wear and why (I mean, I'm not almost winning Fantasy Fashion League for naught).

And, lead anchor of E! News? What's going to happen to Guiliana?? Is she getting nixed? For a muppet? Sad. Though, she kind of looks like one, too.

Ok, so he's also being groomed to host New Year's Rockin' Eve (I like New Years. And I can count down from 10-1 on time, unlike others), he's still going to do American Idol, and he's still hosting his America's Top 40 (I love pop) countdown (is Casey Kasem still alive?). Not to mention running Ryan Seacrest Productions (I can tell people what to do). Where does the boy find the time (I obviously have all the time in the world)? Good thing his talk show was cancelled. But not before I got to sit in the audience. In the front row. Don't be j.

He is taking lots of cool, entertainment jobs away from capable individuals. He's being selfish. He can't handle all of this. I know he can't. I wonder if he's the type of guy to remember the people who got him to where he is now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm stalking you for calling me a muppet! mwahaha

-Seacrest out

Sara said...

Ronya, how funny that you posted this b/c Belinga and I have an extreme hatred for the Seacrest and were just talking about this yesterday. Belinga is beside himself that this dude who literally knows nothing is somehow this huge star now and people are calling him the next Dick Clark. Oh and that he makes millions and millions of dollars to be a dweeb.

Seacrest sucks.