Friday, March 24, 2006

Who Knew I Knew So Many Hookers?


Oh, Natalie Portman. You never cease to amaze me.

Said Natalie: "I don't want to ever be working for money because then you are no different than a prostitute."

Um, I work for money. You do, too. I know it. I don't really come to work every day because I love what I do (if you do love your job, I am very envious). Now, I'm not miserable, but I am not loving every second of it (if I were, I wouldn't have time to do this). I am not contributing to society. I am doing my job and taking a paycheck. Thank you, company, for that.

Now, I know she probably meant that she picks projects and movies because she likes what they will provide to the artistic world. Good movies, she does. Great movies with messages. Sure. Whatever. But come on.

(Ironic how one of her "greatest" and "deepest" roles was actually as a prostitute. Okay, fine, she was a stripper. Same difference.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sorry to say it La, but I HATE when people use the phrase, "Same Difference". I think Borden knows this. I was just inspired by your "What I hate [today]" post and I decided to go back and tell you that I hate it. I guess hate it is too strong a word to use when commenting on a friend of a friend's blog on a Friday night at 11:00 pm. Ugh.