Tuesday, July 11, 2006

I can make it to home plate.

Or at least third base. VH-1 debuted the World Series of Pop Culture this week and I, by sheer chance, flipped to it yesterday night (after catching up on my Simple Life and 90210 episodes). That show is awesome...and easy. The contestants are all weird, and they do pull some stuff out of their asses, but all in all I think it is a good representation of all that is pop culture. My favorite category of last night was "Tv Theme Songs" (I am the proud sister of a theme song expert). However, it did subject me to singing random theme songs in my head as I tried to fall asleep...

Maybe the world is blind.
Or just a little unkind...don't know...
You made me happy and then, one day you're smiling again
Ev-ery time I turn around.

4 comments:

Kathryn Is So Over said...

It was actually harder than you might think to get on the show. My ex tried out with a couple of his friends, and made it all the way to the second round of regional in-person auditions... It's a long story, but just know there were lots of factors in how you got selected.

I bet he's furious the questions are so easy once you get on the show.

lala said...

Oh, I'm sure it was super difficult. And I know that, even if I had made it (and, LBH, what are the chances), I would've totally pulled a Cindy Brady when the pressure was on and I had to perform...much like I did on my one It's Academic appearance. Worst. Showing. In. History.

But playing from the comfort of my living room with no one to bother me, I was on fire.

Miss Scarlet said...

You were ON It's Academic?!
Was that host as annoying there as he is when watching on TV?

Kathryn Is So Over said...

Nice Brady reference!

It's also kind of like the other day, when I told someone I know all the words to Loser and to It's The End of the World as We Know It, only to have him play BOTH of those songs. I did pretty well, but definitely not perfect. Who knew I'd cave under pressure?