Monday, April 20, 2009

Good Stuff.

So tonight I got to celebrate my birthday (12 days later, but who cares) at the restaurant of my choice. My choice? Good Stuff Eatery, the downtown burger joint owned by Top Chef's Spike Mendelsohn.

All in all, it was a tasty experience. Everyone seemed to enjoy the burgers. My burger had muenster and cheddar, caramelized onions, mushrooms, and special sauce. I will say that, if I had to choose again, I'd get the plain fries instead of the rosemary and thyme flavored ones. The complimentary mayo bar was a treat--Old Bay, chipotle, sriracha, and mango. I was disappointed in the classic wedge salad mostly because...well, it wasn't a wedge. It was all of the components of a wedge, served with chopped up iceberg and topped with fried vidalia onion rings. Unlike me, I found the bacon and blue cheese combination to be a tad bit too salty.


I think the highlight of everyone's meal were the milkshakes we saved for dessert. Between us, we had a vanilla, a black and white, a strawberry, a Milky Way, and a toasted marshmallow (Good Stuff's specialty). And a root beer float. We may have had one or more of one or more of these. The variety was delightful.


If I had to rate this place on a scale of one to five, I'd give it a strong 3.75. I'd knock it up to a 4.0 if I had a picture of myself and Spike to share with you all. But, alas, he was elusive...in and out, with his fedora and without. But I saw him. And that, my friends was enough.

2 comments:

Mrs. Broad said...

uh YUM! Between the fries and milkshake I think I woulda been set.

Miss Scarlet said...

Wow, that place sounds good.