Monday, April 20, 2009

Natalee Holloway inspires comeback


Hello, and welcome back to Borrowing (and causing) t-r-o-u-b-l-e. I think, this time, I'm back for real. I hope I still have a legion of followers. If not, must begin campaign to recruit said followers.


So, hi!


Last night, I hosted a viewing party for the premiere of the Lifetime Original Movie (LOM) aptly and so creatively titled The Natalee Holloway Story. It was? A disappointment.


The party, however, was a raging success. The theme was "Southern Comfort Food"--we would've gone with an Aruba theme but they kind of lack in the authentic cuisine department. That being said, our menu was spectacular: macaroni and cheese, pork bbq, spinach and artichoke dip (Paula Deen's recipe, so that made it Southern), hash brown casserole, and fried pickles. But, friends, the piece de resistance was the signature beverage (a la Bethenny Frankel) of the evening: the Slutty Arnold Palmer.


What is this, you might ask?


Well, apparently the rage around the flavor infused vodka world is Firefly Sweet Tea vodka (http://www.fireflyvodka.com/). Mix it up with some lemonade and you've got yourself a non-virgin Arnold Palmer. Thus, a Slutty Arnold Palmer. Take a moment and think about how this goes with the theme...aside, of course, from sweet tea being Southern. Got it? It's the slutty! Natalee Holloway...


Now, I'm not being libelous here. And if you gave up 120 minutes of your life [that you can't get back] like we all did last night, then, well, you'd know what I'm talking about.

1 comment:

Miss Scarlet said...

WOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!

I was going to watch the movie, but I was watching something else when it started..BUST!