Monday, January 23, 2006

Ahoy.



So yesterday, while taking a break from "working," I met up with LBB at the mall for lunch (btw, Jenni, I did not appreciate the obvious in your face-ness of your Friday lunchtime entry) and some much needed retail therapy.

On our list of "approved" stops was a new favorite (thanks to Recently Married Friend who will, heretofore, be referred to by her real nickname, "The Bandit" (which, in case you are curious, came about with the help of some Ledo pizza, some major intolerance to lactose, and a fateful trip to another favorite store)). I convinced LBB to try on and subsequently purchase the cutest pair of "fancy" gaucho pants ever. Like seriously. They had a tie belt thing (to make them fancy and, thus, work appropriate) and were super cool and trendy. I convinced her, too, that they were totally appropriate to wear to work, just as long as she wasn't going to court.

So today I get an email that says this:
"BTW, 2 of my co-workers are referring to my gauchos as pirate pants."
Soon after, this email followed:
"The coworkers offered to get me a parrot to go with the pants...and they suggested I color in one of my eye glass lenses to resemble a patch...and they address me by saying, "Arrrr matey.""

No comments: