Sunday, January 08, 2006

So wrong. In so many ways.

So there's an article in The Bible this week about the first single to drop from K-Fed's new "album." The song is called "PopoZao" and is being touted as a Brazilian dance track. Because Kevin is Brazilian. And has been to Brazil. And has a knowledge of Brazilian culture. And is fluent in Portuguese.

In his "song," K-Fed says that the title translates to "bring your ass" [on the floor]. The article cites someone more familiar with all things Brazil as saying that what it actually means is "a girl with a large posterior." (K-Fed: posterior means ass).

The lyrics are horrid.

In Portuguese it means bring your ass on the floor and move it real fast
I wanna see your kitty and a little bitta t---y*
Wanna know where I go when I'm in your city
Girl, don't you worry about all the dough
Cuz a cat is coming straight outta the know
Bring that Brazil booty on the floor
Up, down, all around
Work that shit to this funky sound
Wanna see what I'm gonna owe
Po, Po, Po, Po, PopoZao, PopoZao
Po, Po, Po, Po, PopoZao, PopoZao
Po, Po, Po, Po, PopoZao, PopoZao

*(1) I will not dignify his lyrics by spelling out inappropriate words from this (2) worst song lyric EVER.

The "expert" opinion of [not] Steve Martin (he does PR for The Foo Fighters and The Strokes) is that "The American music-buying public will not stand for such flagrant disregard for grammar." Amen.

And, on that note, I'll end with a quote from Kevin himself (from his myspace profile): "I dropped my new single too [sic] start off the new year." Start it off badly, Kev? Was that your intent?

Wait! Before you go...look at this example of inappropriateness (a pic of "Kevin Federline and baby"). Way to go, again, Kev. Don't smoke near the baby! What if that little hand reaches out a little farther and hits the cigarette and it ashes on you and you burn yourself? I guess it's better than Kev smoking pot in front of the baby...good thing Brit Brit has her priorities straight.

3 comments:

Sara said...

Listen, anytime you need to clarify what something means in another language on your "track", it wasn't even worth saying in the first place. It really is the worst song ever--I had the misfortune of listening to it last week when I was bored. And for some God awful reason, it won't get out of my head. Po Po, Zao, Popo Zao. Please kill me now.

Anonymous said...

the picture is photoshopped.

Anonymous said...

The person above me is right, that pictire is deff photoshopped. The cig looks so fake