Friday, January 06, 2006

Will it ever end??

J.Simp has been announced as the opening act of the People's Choice Awards (Tuesday, January 10. See local listings for time.). Okay, as far as awards shows go, the PCA are B-list at best. But still. Jessica? She will be singing her [apparent] hit "These Boots Are Made For Walkin'" (OH OH OH...I get the headline now...she is "kicking off" the awards. Clever.). Frank Sinatra (RIP) will roll over in his grave (unless he was cremated, in which case I'm not sure).

Here we go with my comments:
  1. When are they going to stop calling her a former "newlywed." It's not cute or funny any more.
  2. Why is this performance "special," anyway? Is it because it's her first performance (VH1 "Big in '05" acceptance speech notwithstanding) since...dum dum dum...the breakup?
  3. “Jessica’s true vocal talent, unlimited energy and undeniable charisma will truly be a great addition to this year’s show,” executive producer Carol Donovan said in a statement Thursday. Pathetic alert: I have seen Jessica in concert. Disclaimer: the tickets were free, the venue was fun, and I went with fun people and it was excellent people watching. In fact, it was also the scene of "Ruffled Skirt Fest '04" where, in less than one hour, we spotted over 120. Note to 40+ year old men who might kind of sort of like Jessica...don't, please don't, go to her concerts. Especially by yourself. And, if you can't meet this one request and you do go, please wear something other than your Levis jean shorts and bright white Reeboks. She doesn't go for that. Ok, back to commenting...she lip synched (shocker, I know) and obviously didn't even have the energy to mouth the words. I can't imagine her actually having to sing an entire show. But I guess one song is fine.
  4. Jessica's competition for "Favorite Song in a Movie" is Amerie's "1 Thing" (from Hitch...um, anyone know this one?) and "Errtime" by Nelly (from The Longest Yard). I'm thinking "These Boots Are Made For Walkin'" is probably going to win. And then we'll get to hear another great acceptance speech!
  5. Poor Nick is always going to be labeled as a "former boy band member" or "Jessica Simpson's ex-husband" or "him."

4 comments:

Bordenia! said...

I love Amerie's song-- it's on my workout mix in my Ipod. That should def win.

lala said...

Oh well, now that you mention it, I do know what it is. Therefore, I can legitimately "vote" for it over the skankified version of "TBAMFW"...which, (alert) I do have on my iPod...but I downloaded it by accident. Really.

Anonymous said...

Megadeth also covered this tune on their first album. It's called "These Boots"

Beth said...

i'm with jenni, I hate both simpson girls. Just another reason not to bother with the "people's" award show