Sunday, March 19, 2006

Sucked In To Another One.

I really didn't want to watch this one. I've only seen 1.5 episodes and I hate it, but I am still watching it. Ok, I think, in this case, I might be the only one who is even watching 8th & Ocean. It is very annoying and these kids (especially the girls) are just so obnoxious and vapid. Worse than Jessica from Laguna, even. If you can imagine.

Here's what's keeping me on the couch: I am enjoying the sibling rivalry between identical twins Kelly and Sabrina ("we are identical but I think we look fraternal"...um, okay). They are identical but it's amazing how much of one's personality is able to come through in pictures. Sabrina is a huge downer, but Kelly is kind of a bitch, too.

And poor Britt...bless her little heart. She's from Kansas City, was homeschooled and her most embarassing modeling moment was practicing for an Herbal Essences commercial. She drags Sabrina to a meeting for Model's (sic) for Christ. Doubt that is going to last, but I see her relationship with Jesus (per Britt, her "maker and husband") is going to be challenged in the mean streets of Miami. She is having a very hard time wearing a belted shirt with nothing underneath it...I feel a moral crisis coming on very shortly.

The guys are just annoying. I'm waiting for some hooking up to go on (when it's not in front of a photographer), though I'm not sure it will make the show any more exciting. Vinci is the most annoying of the male models...wwwaahhh, "the agency wants [him] to wake up early and go on castings."

But the differences between the guys and girls are important to note. Their apartment, though also provided by the agency, is much less nice than that of the girls. And the guys sit around eating pizza and watching tv and drinking beer while the girls eat nothing and commiserate about their skin or not getting jobs.

And, every time I hear them mention Ocean Drive magazine, I think of Dan from Real World: Miami...way to come full circle (in a weird way), MTv.

1 comment:

Miss Scarlet said...

I LOVE this show;) It's so cheesy.